Starting up a new group can seem difficult however Bournemouth CVS is here to help. We have produced a Getting Started Pack and our website and staff are here to help.
We have produced some simple factsheets on particular topics to help you e.g. Employing people, Financial controls and Essential responsibilities of the board. Please click on the button below to view them all.
For examples of policies and procedures e.g. Redundancy policy and Staff expenses have a look at Bournemouth CVS's by clicking here. Please feel free to adapt them, however as the law changes all the time, they may not all be up to date.
There are further policies relating to trustees and membership of the charity on our Information for Members page.
- Annual General Meetings (PDF 209KB)
- Charity Law (PDF 269KB)
- Checks for Trustees (PDF 122KB)
- Duties of Trustees (PDF 344KB)
- Trustee Duties at a Glance (PDF 220KB)
- Trustee Code of Conduct (PDF 295KB)
- Employing People (PDF 227KB)
- Essential Responsibilities of the Board (PDF 156KB)
- Financial Controls (PDF 164KB)
- Incorporating a Charity (PDF 134KB)
- Insurance for voluntary and community organisations (PDF 136KB)
- Top 10 Tips for Trustees (PDF 149KB)
- What is a voluntary organisation or charity? (PDF 149KB)
- What am I supposed to be doing? (committee member roles) (PDF 337KB)
- Charities Can Trade! (PDF 305KB)
- What difference or outcome are we making? (PDF 149KB)
- Protecting Children and Vulnerable Adults (PDF 311KB)
Bournemouth CVS's adviser, Steve Place, can help you with many aspects of setting up and running your voluntary organisation including:-
conducting AGMs and meetings
setting up bookkeeping systems
health and safety
roles and responsibilities of trustees, directors/committee members
organisational health checks
charity, company and CIC registration
development of policies and procedures
measuring what you are doing and its impact
trading and income generation
You can arrange an appointment to visit us or, where it is more convenient and a few people are meeting at another location, our adviser will come to you.
Contact Steve by ringing 01202 466130 or e-mailing him.